PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Cadetship 2016
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 23:37
FlyVeryHigh-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I recall, from the intake in 2012 (I think, could have been 2013); 10 out of the 20 had PPL's (the remainder didn't). Yes a few had connections to the airlines (dads were captains etc); however on the flipside I've also heard that there have been kids of captains who haven't even made it to assessment like many others. Also heard that in the 2012 intake only 1 of the cadets didn't have a 3rd level qualification; I think though in the 2013 intake the numbers were greater!

This will be my 3rd try for EI (1st time made assessments, 2nd didn't make it to assessments). Low hours, Degree, A-levels, GCSE's.

For those guys getting an auto reject, double check what boxes you are ticking. I nearly made the mistake of clicking the wrong Yes/No box in response to the question. Just read the question correctly; it does happen!

Finally, I just want to say this is an amazing opportunity. All costs covered?! What?! Excellent news.

Aspiring pilots should be very excited, just like I! Applications gone, and essay questions done. Just hope I don't get an email to say I haven't made it to assessment; one can only hope the prospect of bagging this fantastic opportunity last a little longer... been trying to crack this for years now! haha