PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Crew Rostering System at EK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 19:34
120feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Fack,
Do not interpret any of my post as containing sarcasm because none is implied. My understanding was Crew Transport was negotiated mainly by the PIA pilots who first started at EK when the doors first opened. I have never heard of a labor law regarding pilots being driven to work. EY pilots drive. I drive. Your trainers drive. The office staff drives. Honestly, I may have missed something. So I am quite happy to be informed to the contrary.

Yes EK could set up a remote lot and bus the pilots in I guess. The parking thing was just a logistical observation. EGHQ was not designed to allow crew to park there. I can think of half a dozen reasons why EK drives it's pilots to work but most have been beaten to death on PP. Also, if you can fully prep for a 12 hour international flight in 10 minutes you are much better than me. I don't touch the airplane unless I've digested the entire flight plan. I don't sign off anything unless I've read it all. I require about 35-60 minutes depending on Wx, length of flight, destination etc. I personally would need much more time than EK gives you, so my comment was perhaps biased to my personal comfort level.