PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 18:36
Weathergirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16024- window blinds are important- that's why they are fitted. Do you not fly your aircraft with passenger comfort in mind? Maybe you do but at the same time the poor passengers in the back are cooking like roasted chickens. I have used J2 many times and each time I'm told that the crew are happy to help and it's all about me! All I ask is stop cooking me. 32 degrees in Ibiza about a month ago on the scorching Tarmac and I'm sitting sun side of the Aeroplane. I put the safety card in the window to prevent myself sizzling and some jumped up 40 plus Cabin Attendent tells me to remove it. I tell him that I am cooking and I get told to be quiet or the police will be called! Happy to help me get removed.
The blinds are an important part of the aircraft and should not be removed. Whoever even suggested it needs to be kicked up the backside. Did anybody carry out a risk Assesment? I bet not. You lot should try to learn from Airlines that have been around the block a bit - check them out next time down route on a hot day with the sun shining. You will see all the blinds are down sun side keeping the cabin cool. You'll be turning off the Air-conditioning next to save a few more pennies.