PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 16:49
Jet2_738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GLAinsider
Company announcement mentions "improved and stylish new cabin interior". I really hope someone has taken note of the lovely relaxed feeling inside the all light grey G-POWM that has been on lease from Titan. At a time when the company is focused on reducing stressful situations in the cabin, it is high time the garish, bright red and dark grey interiors were dropped from all Jet a/c and certainly not repeated in any new a/c purchased.
The new aircraft will feature the new Boeing Sky Interior, with the new LED mood lighting and more spacious overhead bins, toilets etc. As far as I'm aware, the seats will remain the same, as Jet2 were the primary inverters into Acro seating ltd. and still hold a significant stake in the business. The seats however might well change, but the provider will be the same company, with the idea of the slimline, lightweight seats, which Jet2 have boasted as one of their USP's. As for the colours...

Presumably as end of the line 738's before the 737MAX kicks in, LS will have got a canny deal?
I think the aim is to replace the 733's first (G-CEL* fleet mainly), the 752's later. Of course they have the likes of G-LSAK which is only 18 year old, but still have the likes of G-LSAA, nearing her 30's too.

In terms of the deal, the report states that;

"At current list prices, the total value of this transaction is approximately $2.6 billion though the Company has negotiated significant discounts from the list price."
Make of that what you will...