PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 14:11
Lonewolf_50

Received 403 Likes on 250 Posts
LO finally did it, and now I see that more comments are following up ... something I deleted twice in the last two days rather than posting: the matter of aspect in stealth/LO assessments and figures of merit.

This may come as a surprise to the fast jet brethren and fighter jocks, but some of the original "stealth" technology put into actual military service decades before it arrived on an aircraft was on submarines. Aspect matters in that field as well when working out the ease or difficulty of a detection.

Most of that will probably be available for people in program in the technical data, and would (one hopes) not be available in a public source. What this means is that any comparisons in a public discussion are constrained by such information (I won't call it data) as is available to the public.

Points of comparison are rough, at best. Suggest we leave it at that. The "how manly is my RCS" topic looks to have been pounded into glue.

If anyone has public information on how many times a modern, and a earlier generation, radar has acquired a T-50 ... that would be of interest in a thread about the T-50. We'll only know how a T-50 and a F-35 compare when they ever meet for real. I am not sure I want that to happen any time soon, because of what that means in the larger sense.

@glad rag: a request to knock off the personal jabs if that's all you have to offer the discussion.