PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally Started my Training!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 11:40
Mazzy28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay all, so another quick update on my flying progress so far....

I've now got a huge 7 hours under my belt and have just finished Exercises 7&8 of PPL1 book. After a bit of a shaky start with maintaining straight and level due to there being a significant lack of horizon for the last few lessons, making it hard to keep a steady attitude, it has somehow clicked into place. The whole motion of Power Attitude Trim (or Attitude Power Trim if levelling off from a climb) is starting to make a whole lot more sense and feels a lot more 'natural' if that's the right word! My taxiing is more controlled with less weaving from left to right and my instructor has now let me conduct the last two takeoff's which felt pretty damn good. To me, there's nothing better than advancing the throttle and seeing that speed climb, and then comes the magical feeling of getting airborne. Similarly, I have also had a go of landing as well, now that we have covered the approach set up. Both landings went well with smooth touchdowns and light compliments from the instructor which I'm not going to lie, put a grin on my face for the rest of the day!

So it's safe to say the bug has certainly taken over, I can't wait for this Sundays lesson in which we'll be covering turning. Again, it would be great to hear how everyone else is doing!

Tom