PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What wrong with Morocco?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 11:13
Greenlights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation is dying... Pilots are paying to fly.... PAYING TO WORK ! I can't understand it. I'm doing my pilot studies abroad and I know that I' will not have posibilities to return to my country (without paying a Line Training or something like that)... Regrettably, Moroccans pilots have difficulties to fly in Morocco and also abroad. I know that many of us will pay a Line Training...and that saddens me...
kilomike,
aviation is not dying as you say (only pilots who cant pay are "dying"). Aviation grows up and every year more and more pax travel. For the next 20 years we will need more than 500000 pilots.
I posted about this subject recently, and true thousands of pilots are willing to pay. There is no nationality about this problem. Moroccos pilots are not the only one who face with high requirements etc.
I have decided to move on the management side for these reasons you have cited.
I may contribute to P2F as the company I work for do it, but many arlines propose it anyway. I do not really approve it but as far as I know, this problem comes from pilots themselves and not airlines. When I read letters about pilots writing they are ready to pay or fly for free, nobody asked them to write it.

You say you don't understand this situation, however it is very easy to understand. Many wannabes think that flying is a hobby and not a real job.
They do not want to become a classic worker, they want to fly thinking that their job will make them very happy in life. It is more a psychologic problem as happiness it not only related to the job you do.
You have only one way to be a pilot : you need to adapt to the market. The market will never adapt to you. It is hard to accept it I know, but real life is not Disney world.