PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Crew Rostering System at EK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2015, 18:41
120feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Quite

SHEIKH,
Commuting is a choice of the pilot. However, EK does not allow it's pilots to have that choice so your point is not valid here. EK pilots are driven to the airport for 2 main reasons. Firstly, there is no parking. Second and more importantly, EK does not give it's pilots adequate time to prep for a flight. The flight plan is therefore reviewed in the car on the way to sign-in. How many times have you reached the briefing room and the other pilot says he's already read the 60 page briefing packet, FCI's and WX. It certainly wasn't done in the 10 minutes you're allotted by EK. It was done in the Transport, loooooooong before the pilot is even allowed to be doing any company related work.
I personally have never worked for an airline where I needed access to the flight plan before duty in order to adequately prep for the flight. If EK did not have transport for it's pilots, very few flights would get out on time. MCT, DOH, BAH, maybe. Also, how many pilots do you see passed out asleep on the ride home, because they have been worked to exhaustion?
At EK transport is a requirement not a luxury.
I would ask EK to use UBER Black. There are always 20 cars within 5 min of the airport. I use them almost daily. They can even bill EK directly. IMHO