PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2015, 15:21
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Super H has a blocker because the Hornet configuration was never designed for LOS blockage and to change it in the Super was impracticable.
Generally agree.

The T-50 has a blocker because the designers calculated that any aero losses would be less significant than the extra length and volume required for full LOS blockage in a serpentine duct alone. (It is, IMHO, a far more elegant configuration than the F-22.)
Hmmmm. You're clearly claiming you know the Russians' design criteria, design trades, and design calculations. Good on you, but no, I would not call such a claim "humble". And for the record, I never remotely made any such claims. I only made TWO claims:

1. The blockers on the T-50 and the blockers on the Super Hornet resulted in aircraft with about the same RCS.

2. Russia's and Boeing's "far more elegant configuration" resulted in an RCS reduction orders of magnitude worse than the "less elegant" solution in the F-22 and F-35.

Anything beyond those two points is something I never said and would instead be something you "made up".