PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle Of Man registry - Flight Duty Times
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2015, 08:52
Hawker 800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global Global,

I'm sure that you are aware that many private aircraft are just that. Take a 'retired' millionaire for example. No current financial income perhaps. How would that argument work then? Principle place of residence? Don't think so. Many jet owners have several so perhaps owners tax base? Not sure that would be legally enforceable either.

No, not base an aircraft in Panama for that reason, don't be absurd. Shelf company, perhaps. Hence the question mark after my question. I'm asking!

The wording you quoted is clearly written to ensure a shelf company is worthless for that purpose....
I am aware that it states principle place of business, but what about the genuinely private cases? There are so many variables in this, and no doubt a good lawyer teamed with a good accountant could tear holes in this one.

I am aware of numerous management pilots perhaps erroneously setting up shelf companies to avoid EASA licencing and the rest. For what it's worth I believe that a European national pilot should hold an EASA licence if working in Europe. A bit of job protectionism would be nice for a change here in Europe. You just have to look at the number of Americans 'based' in Switzerland but flying everywhere in Europe for Swiss management companies. Don't suppose it will affect them, not being EU. Can we do the same? No.