PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAR 232...an Ausfly experience coming to you?
Old 2nd Sep 2015, 00:22
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lead Balloon...I am in fierce agreement!

I see this all the time in other pastimes. I used to enjoy drag racing bigbore motorcycles....regretfully, so did a lot of outlaw motorcycle gangs. Many times I attended all bike meets that had big populations of gang members. It was only in Victoria that we were met with huge police presence to actively "discourage" participation by racers as well as spectators (cash source). Liberal interpretations on what described a road worthy vehicle. Best interpretation was...your spare tyre is not the same brand as your fitted tyres rewarded with a canary! Total BS!...but do you argue with a member of the Task Force?

...the guy with the tyres? He was the land owner! The task force defected the water truck which, effectively, cut off all the ablution blocks...public health? They tried everything to shut the show down...we never put on another one.

I see parallels in the actions of FOIs only at big gatherings of aircraft. Safety or discourage? I hope the SAAA has every and continued success with NRM. If allowed to develop, this could and will become our version of Osh!