PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2015, 21:43
LowObservable

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Said by whom? I don't think anyone associated with B-2 would take second place to anybody - and what about VHF?

The problem is that you can find all kinds of stealth comparisons. The F-22 vs F-35 comparison cited by our learned friend KenV was directly contradicted by ACC's commander last year, not that any sensible person believes him.

I'm absolutely certain that the Russians would put an accurate RCS in a patent document and that it would not be the slightest bit naive or ill-informed to believe that they would. And I am Julius ing Caesar.

And I retract any accusations of anyone making stuff up, since Wikipedia is a valuable source of classified military information.

By the way, statements like "the laws of physics constrain what is possible in terms of RCS reduction" have the double benefit of being true and mostly meaningless. The laws of physics constrain things, because otherwise (drum roll) they would not be the laws of bleeding physics, would they?

The question is what those limits are and whether we have actually reached a "Maxwell don't allow" point with the current generation of fighter-type aircraft or with tailless "mantas".