PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run and break when will they learn ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2003, 20:34
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC,

I appreciate that this can be difficult for those directly concerned, and I am certain that no one means any disrespect by discussing the issue. But I think it's important that it is discussed.

One of the multiple reasons why many of us are so concerned about the us of the run-in-and-break is that we are not familiar with it - we don't recognise the radio terminology associated with it, and when we hear the radio calls we do not know where to look for the traffic nor what to expect it to do. The only way of resolving a lack of education is to talk about the subject. To ignore it and pretend that it doesn't exist will simply result in yet another generation of new pilots (and I include myself in this new generation) who are just as ignorant as the last, and will ultimately end up with a repeat of the incident.

It is sometimes hard for an outsider to understand the emotions involved, and I don't doubt that there has been a small degree of unintentionally insensitive posting. We would all do well to take heed of your request, and apply an appropriate level of sensitivity to the subject when we discuss it, but we must not let emotions prevent us from discussing important safety matters.

FFF
--------------