PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vueling
Thread: Vueling
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2015, 19:16
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vueling used to operate from Southampton to Barcelona a couple of years ago three times weekly using a A319 it was hardly advertised and to be honest not many people actually knew who Vueling was, loads were very low and the route stopped after only one season and Flybe decided to fly the route a year later but that didn't last long and went from three to two flights a week.

With so many of the UK airports offering flights to Barcelona I can't understand why Southampton can not sustain regular flights to this fantastic city which I may add is my favourite city in Europe and it hurts me that I have to pass the airport on the M27 to catch my Barcelona flights from either LGW or LHR.

With Flybe gradually reducing their sun routes from SOU to Alicante, Malaga and Palma I would have thought that Vueling might have had an interest in flying from SOU once again as they would have the entire market to themselves.

The catchment area surrounding Southampton is huge and an affluent one was well and the sun routes are popular so come on Vueling give SOU another go as not everyone wants to fly Ryanair from BOH or make the treck up the M3 and M25 to either LGW or LHR.

At least I could use and gain my Avios with Vueling at my local airport.

Sean