PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interested to be an Air Force Pilot
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2015, 19:10
Fg Off Bloggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jayand, old chap! Welcome back!

Well first off, when I try to view Mr Arafat's (now there's a name to conjure with) profile I receive this message:

Fg Off Bloggs, you do not have permission to access this page.
Yet I can access every other person's profile on this forum. So why? Has PPRuNe given Mr Arafat some kind of secret cabinet to live in or does Mr Arafat not want us to know anything about himself!

Now that makes me very suspicious.

Second - who thinks that you can just rock up at the front door and ask to come in! Nobody who has ever truly wanted to be a military pilot, for sure!

Third - his name's Arafat (maybe a pseudonym but I'm not as naive as you appear to be and so I am instantly suspicious) and he wants to join any air force in the World - of course he claims to be from Bangladesh, living in the Philippines but I claim to live in the East Midlands but do I?

Fourth - He's a Registered User * Whatever does that mean - nobody else on this forum is a Registered User * Is this something sinister that gives him a more secret existence on PPRuNe?

Fifth - Not everything is what it seems in this life, Jayand, and certainly not on PPRuNe! There are dark forces on the internet who would do our culture serious damage and one of Mr Arafat's possible ancestors was at the heart of it some years ago!

Sixth - He started a thread in Aviation History and Nostalgia with this:

Why pilots chose to be a pilot?
I was thinking about this earlier today why pilots do what they do?

What is so exciting about flying?
Why did they even want to be a pilot in the first place?

I hope for your reply so that I can write about it in my blog.
Now call me old fashioned and a misguided old fool but I find a lot of that suspicious - add to that the fact that he can't write coherent English (the first language of the air, I recall) and my suspicions grow even more!

Now whilst I've been writing this I see you've been refusing to own up to what your qualifications are and have promised to retire into your cubby hole but maybe you should enlighten us just before you close the hatch. You said:

I have however served in her Majesty's finest for nearly 25 years
Now which finest would that be and why such a short time?

Me? 38 years RAF and 20 of them fast jet (Bucc and GR1)!

Now, c'mon, Jayand, we are all being honest with each other here!

Bloggs