PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 31st Aug 2015, 18:55
peekay4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a case which has had so much global coverage it is also surprising that .. As far as I have heard till now ... There has not been an announcement of the start of the 'Annex 13' comments round on a 'concept final report' by the parties involved.

Peekay do you by any chance have any information on that?
No... but I would hazard to guess that a draft final report has been distributed to Air Asia, Airbus and BEA for comments.

As an aside, I know some members of the Indonesian safety commission felt burned by the US NTSB during the SilkAir 185 investigation and some things which happened regarding the issuance of the final report. They felt the NTSB acted inappropriately if not unethically in that case -- perhaps in deference to Boeing (subject for another thread).

So I think in this case the Indonesians are (rightfully) being careful in their consultations with the other parties. Unfortunately there are always various pressures at play, especially in countries like Indonesia.