PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interested to be an Air Force Pilot
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2015, 08:46
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Kawsar, thanks for explaining your personal circumstances a little more. I have a couple of thoughts.

First, I expect you will find that a lot of nations are going to say "no" on the grounds of citizenship, for both security reasons and the risk of conflict of interests in future operations - see Chugalug's point, which he makes very well. I'm sorry to say that may well be a show-stopper for anywhere except Bangladesh.

Second, I have formed the impression (I may well be mistaken in this) that your motives may mean you are more suited to a civilian career than a military one. You will certainly have fewer issues with nationality in that area of aviation.

If you were to apply to any air force they are going to want to know why you want to fly and fight for them. Saying that you just want to fly and that they are just one of the armed forces that you thought might take you is probably going to get you shown the door.

Hopefully, you will have seen the previous comments about required qualifications - a PPL and 100 hours is not one of them as TankerTrashNav correctly points out.

I doubt any of that is really what you wanted to hear, but I really cannot see a way round the ciitizenship issue. Again, Bangladesh if probably the only place you stand a chance. I'm sure you'd love to stay in the Philipnes and pursue a military flying career there, but you already know that is a non-starter.

On the subject of this forum (and pretty much any other that deals with these sort of topics) I would offer that you need to understand that you will raise suspicions if you ask unusual questions or make unusual statements, especially as a new comer and especially with no visible profile. Apart from people's understandable concerns about motive, being more forthcoming with information would also have made your unusual request a bit easier to answer.