PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another Airshow Incident
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2015, 00:16
mv031161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reports

As you can imagine, we all Giles and MX owners are bunching together for information...i just finished performing a tap test on mine all day long...not much else can be done. I may do an Xray on mine if I can convince my MRO to let me do it without formal guidance other than snap film all over the tail. We already got reports from the field. We got the best of the best w Giles/MX experience helping the Feds..not going to speculate until the oficial report but it is pointing towards failure during original assembly by private individual + pre existing tail damage history not properly repaired. Also there was a SL feom Akrotech that required an inspection and modificatio in the tail. It is not clear if Andrews had it or not performed...Lets wait for results...no Akrotech build Giles kit have ever failed and one in 70 + made without a strctural problem, is not a solid indication of a wide fleet problem. I know of more certified aircraft w enough problems flow by the Pro,s here that need reasurance as well everytime they are flown. Unfortunatelly some of thos horrific scenes are not shown as Drews fatal accident!

Last edited by mv031161; 31st Aug 2015 at 00:34.