PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Personnel
Thread: Jet Personnel
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2003, 18:13
flossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Jackie Van dooren!!!!

Well, don't get me started! I have had absolutely zilch from that agency! I can't be too explicit, but I agree with 747sp, even if he/she can't spell!! I have been on her books for years, and have never been given an interview through her. She seems to take a disliking to people purely from their photograph. She suggested I send in "more glamorous" pictures! (Which I did-more fool me!)
She doesn't go on your experience, at least doesn't seem to! (By the way I have 10 years flying experience, nearly four years private!) She once told me that her clients "make specific requests about a flight attendants' appearance" and that was why I hadn't been put forward for any interviews. I was also told that Middle Eastern employers "prefer blondes!" Perhaps someone out there can refute that statement?????
At one point I considered a Toni and Guy highlighting session!!!! Except that all my hair probably would have fallen out!! So if you are of light colouring, then go for it, you will probably go a long way. If not, don't waste your time and money. Good Luck to any of you who get past first base!!