PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs for Expat Pilots in Canada
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2015, 15:26
altiplano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hans

You aren't going to find a direct entry spot with AC/Westjet/Transat... In fact even at Sunwing (737) who import foreign pilots including captains, won't hire a Canadian into a direct entry spot...

But AC express feeders - Air Georgian (CRJ) and SkyRegional (ERJ/Q400) have recently hired direct left seat I believe. But both were ramping up their RJ programs so maybe that won't be a usual thing... Not sure...

You could try Cargojet (727/757/767) think they have in the past... Or maybe Flair Air (737)

If your gig Europe is good and you're set on left seat only, I don't think I'd be rushing to any of those operators though... Canada has lots of pilots, experienced pilots, who start on the bottom rung to get the spot with the best operators... The road is increasingly being directed through the affiliated regionals too before a mainline job can be had... (Encore/Jazz)

All that said, I would think you would be very competitive for a spot with everyone else trying to get on the bottom of AC/WS/TS... Sunwing has been under alot of pressure to hire locals too and has been advertising for type rated pilots... If you are a citizen or PR, I'd suppose FO job is all but guaranteed...
Good luck.