PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2015, 12:42
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if there are ANY recruits from the sandpit and how many of those will still have a current 73/75 rating? So PTF or bonding? (Not PM's favoured option since the two numpties who took the 73 rating and ran)
Yes, there several guys joining from the ME, at least from my airline anyway. Non-rated Captains (bonded for 3 years) and I think a couple of FOs too.

Meanwhile your recruitment team are hoovering up exit planners.... these are going to be people with cash in the bank looking to get home and get a cheeky pay check before retirement. Now who would be the better Captain? I would suggest a promoted FO any day of the week.
I can assure you that not one of the guys joining from here is cashed-up, close to retirement and looking for a cheeky pay check. We all just want to come home. No one is naive enough to think that it's going to be a chocolate-coated gum drops gig - we have all come from where you are now, so we know the score. Actually most guys coming home are in their 30s and 40s rather than their early sixties.

I know it's not nice to have a DEC suddenly jump in to that left seat that you're working hard towards achieving - we've all been there - but I can assure you all the guys joining that I know of personally are highly experienced, highly disciplined and well below retirement age. No over-inflated egos here either so don't worry about that sort of stuff. It's a win-win for the Company as they know these guys won't be leaving anytime soon looking for mega $$$ or big shiny new widebodies...

Hope there won't be too much bitterness shown towards DECs - if you put yourself in this position would you turn down a Captain position at your place of choice if it was offered?