PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2015, 11:35
Chasco175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just retired from the mining industry and the same thing is happening there . All this " safety" training is stopping people thinking for themselves because the procedure is supposed to keep them safe. If you make a task foolproof all you do is breed smarter fools. The new procedures affect me through sids/ medical/ afr/ and part 61. I only play aviation to keep myself occupied. As an aside I went around Jandakot yesterday to have a look having not been there for two years. It has gone from being a hive of activity to something dull and not very attractive. Two businesses that I used to spend money in have closed, there appears to be only half as many private aircraft on the field as I remembered. At 3 in the afternoon in reasonable weather/flying conditions there was not one aircraft in the circuit. I stayed for 30 mins . It used to be a good place to go and watch someone else waste money on their hobby/ passion. The surrounding area has been industrialised and I would hazard a guess and say good old Jandakot will go the same way as Bankstown appears to be going. So disappointing. What has happened in the last two years? Make your own mind up. I have.