PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2015, 10:39
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK-USA

Ian Brooks

I did know about that but not the date it happened or how many seats they used/paid per flight. The Figures for July 2013 were 13692, July 14 11136 and 2015 11423. This would suggest somewhere between July 13 & 14 although is this just down to CLT operating in 2014 and diverting connecting pax from one hub to another?

Expanding it further looking at EDI and GLA it does seem in general that in 2013 load factors were just higher all around but of course a lot has changed in that time with oil prices and some routes have come and gone and this is what I am getting at, has there been a sea-change with routes across the pond where the days of fill it at all costs have gone?

SBR has indicated Virgin/Delta are happy with Atlanta due to reduced costs (as discussed on MAN thread) but the fact is a few years ago an A332 or A333 would not have been flying around in July with 25% of its seats empty and a 757 with a third of its seats empty.

I guess we will find out the answers soon enough well at least with BHX-JFK as AA are not afraid to change things quickly.

ATNotts - I am still getting error messages on the AA seat-map. In general I would say with United it always seems to be PE the last to fill rather than business.

Pete