PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 29th Aug 2015, 17:43
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh heh Doug,

I'm sure not the first elsan launched orificer seen on Albert It sounds like your bounce off the ramp was better padded than my own. As others have said, well done Coff, a thread worthy of praise, though, if you know Albert, and those who supported it, you will know that there are still stories, discussions and waffle, that should take you easily to a million. Thanks by the way for giving me a chance to bump in to some fond memories, and former comrades who provide a lot of the input to this thread. Who knows, perhaps a forum beer call at Dougs local might evolve one day.

Overthawk,

I remember well being instructed on the workings of XV210 when I attended Waddington Open day some years back as the GE on the static display aircraft, from a young man who looked like he had just started his first year in secondary school. He knew it all, the only mystery I could offer him was the "worm drive" from the inboard engines to the wheels, to power the aircraft on the ground I note that thankfully, your Albert experience wasn't at Waddington, I hope you had the respect you deserved sir.

The beast in question

Keep it going chaps, I'm still looking for my Nav bag, and it's "interesting" contents. One day !!!! I'm now troubled with finding my Smith Tartan Tie, as I feel it would be fitting to wear to the forthcoming dining out of a good mate from my GE days. As with the Nav bag, SWMBO declares no knowledge of existence let alone location.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 29th Aug 2015 at 23:06.