PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Nationals being discriminated against?
Old 29th Aug 2015, 17:03
B77L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still nobody answered my question: how many non-UK pilots in BA, CityFlyer, Virgin? Maybe I'm wrong, just wondering.

CaptainCriticalAngle, you want fairness? Who are you, exactly? I've been learning German, in Germany, since last August, that's my third language and I've still got some room for improvement with French, that would be my fourth, if I had time. It was my choice after getting nothing in the UK, and believe me or not, if I applied to any German airline I would get more chances to step in than in your equal opportunities-prone country. Twice I spent money and time to go to Manchester for CityFlyer, what I've got after the final stage? "We regret to inform you that we can't process your application any further. If you're still interested in our integrated course, please let us know. The results of your tests show that you're eligible for a direct entry in our self-sponsored programme." That's fairness and equal opportunities in your country.
You Brits have been lingering for decades on the assumption that another language plays hardly any role in a multicultural, English-speaking world, that's the truth.