PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 29th Aug 2015, 07:56
VHFRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always hated the "if you don't like it, leave" theory as well. Employees and businesses alike should be finding a way to keep everyone moderately happy - it's productive on both sides.

Unfortunately, the result out of Queensland has simply proven to the company what they've been claiming for years - people don't care about the long term, they'll leave regardless of the conditions. All that happened at SSA was a group of shortsighted individuals looking out for themselves in the short term with no genuine care as to the future of the operation. Really, nobody cares about "lifestyle", we'll all be gone within the first 3-5 years. The company has played the line and the pilot group has played up to it.

Yes life in Brisbane (and especially cairns) is comparatively cheap. It's got nothing to do with Sydney or Melbourne being a "rip off" as was illuded to earlier - it's just how it is. Omaha is cheaper than New York. The premier cities are by default expensive and not all of us want to sacrifice that and move to the secondary cities because it's all we can afford. Maybe if I were a K-Mart employee, life in Nudgee might look pretty good but as a professional it's my right to try to live my life in my own home city. Unfortunately, those at SSA again were only looking out for number 1.

EAA/SAA is exactly what Qantas want for this very reason. And unfortunately, this result has ensured it will never change (not that it was going to anyway).

If you don't like it... Leave. There it is again. Such a damaging statement, and one that has ensured QantasLink will forever be nothing more than it is. A stepping stone with a fancy logo on the tail. I feel sorry for those who have dedicated their careers to the organisaion.