PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Nationals being discriminated against?
Old 28th Aug 2015, 21:52
Coffin Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EC DKN you appear to be misconstruing the argument, let me spell it out in plain English (pardon the pun).
How many pilots in the following airline?
Iberia - 2000?
KLM - 4000?
Air France - 4000?
Lufthansa - 3000?
TAP - 2000?
Brussels Airlines - 1500?
SAS - 1500?
LOT - 1000?
Alitalia - 2000?

The list goes on, but you tell me how many English nationals work for those airlines? Now it doesn't matter if they only recruited 120 in the last ten years, or 5000 in the last 50 years, the question is the same, how many English nationals work for those airlines? Less than 1%? You could bet your house that it is that figure. How many English nationals would frequent those airlines should we speak every European language? The same figure. Now if your Iberian friends taught themselves English they could jump in BA in a heartbeat, but if my friends and myself taught ourselves Spanish, how many could jump into Iberia in a heartbeat? A big fat zero. The European pilot market is a one way gravy train, that's reality.

p.s. You don't have to tell me about Flybe, I already know we are being overrun with Dutch nationals, but let it be known I have no issues with this, I am pointing out how it is, not what my own feelings are.