PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Nationals being discriminated against?
Old 28th Aug 2015, 15:25
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I'm quite close GG but thanks all the same. I agree though, the KLMuk issues were driven by the Dutch union and that Dutch financing limited training to NL residents. Both have implications for non-union/non-Dutch/non-NL residents in a free market. Isn't that the point being made? I am aware that Ryanair who employ a lot of people from a lot of places and who have various contractual arrangements with a number of agencies is an Irish registered airline and that Ireland is a member of the EU. I think you may have missed my point though and that is that (despite my earlier partly tongue in cheek remarks), all suitably qualified EU citizens should be (by law) eligible for employment by all EU registered carriers. I don't think this is the case at the moment and the EC has a lot of work to do to ensure that the same rights that BA, Easy and RYR rightly practice in terms of recruiting from across the entire Eurozone are also observed by everyone else - without union, financial, residency or any other impediment. I used the Dutch example only because it has been something I have been very much a part of for the last twenty-five years and I apologise if I have caused offence.