PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Ode to Flyboat North - Why is he so angry?
Old 28th Aug 2015, 14:42
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gentlemen, I normally only grace the pages of pprune to polish my vocabulary and to see the latest take on definitions.

definition
dɛfɪˈnɪʃ(ə)n/

noun
noun: definition; plural noun: definitions
  1. 1.
    a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.
    "a dictionary definition of the verb"

When I'm not looking for definitions, I like to see examples of crass journalistic stories involving aeroplanes, you know, those sensational stories that make us professionals sputter into their coffees at the utter lack of technical knowledge?

If I am quick enough I might even quip in with a "Oh don't worry gentlemen, it must just be the Thronomister! Ho Ho Ho!"

But Alas, sometimes I am beaten to the mark

Which gets me onto my final point.

As professionals we need to safe guard our reputation and more importantly expose those who wish to be like us. We all know that members of the great unwashed give sly glances as we swish by in uniform. You've seen it. I've seen it. They want to be us.

But not everyone can.

So it is incredibly important that isDon has taken time out of his/her busy life, looking after the kids (grandkids) keeping the wife (mistress) happy or generally engaging in any activity that forms what we call 'life' to expose such an imposter as this flyboat north who must cause so much consternation to many here on these virtual forums.

Who knows how many young boys he has discouraged from entering GA though his vile rants, the next homeless bum rattling their tin at you could be a discouraged GA pilot

Myself, I know, have spent many nights awake concerned that someone could pretend to be such as me.

But now finally, due to the investigative powers of isDon I can rest easily knowing that another virtual imposter, dare I say 'troll' has been put in their place!

And I particularly enjoy the illiterate and grammatically incorrect replies of the 'over excited professionals' and wonder about their examples and if it was so important wouldn't they use spell check at the very least?

Which brings me to my last point.... sorry gentlemen... I may of indulged in one too many 'reds'! (So I am excused!)