PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 28th Aug 2015, 14:17
spacemonkeys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My modular costs

I have been a long time stalker on this site and only an occasional poster.
When I first started training I was an avid reader of these threads. Finally today I tallied up all my payments and thought it only fair I contribute them here.

My personal situation meant the only route for me was the modular one. I started training in September 2010 and I am just about to finish line training.
All my training was in the UK at a selection of locations.

Figures below are purely flight time and instruction.

PPL + Hours........£12,343.91
ATPL Theory.......£5,624.00
CPL/IR...............£27,252.19
FI.....................£6,925.17
MCC..................£1,849.00

Total.................£52,145.27

Now if you want to add in the cost of; Approach/Landing fees, accomodation, travel, maps, and other products form the likes of Pooleys/AFE etc the costs look more like this.

PPL + Hours........£15,791.00
ATPL Theory.......£8,518.14
CPL/IR...............£30,737.76
FI.....................£7,223.72
MCC..................£1,849.00

Total.................£64,119.62

Still not a bad price. (The above figures include almost all of my costs, but there is a chance I have missed a few)

PPL was a a small school at Barton EGCB
I did the ATPL's at OAA, there wern't many full time courses available and I wanted the best chance at a decent grade from full time study.
CPL/IR, FI at Tatenhill
MCC White Waltham.

The cost could probably have been less but at least I got to do some aeros, tailwheel. Saw a good chunk of the country. Flew with my mates, my family and gained a heap of experience instructing along the way.

OK yes I have had to pay for the type rating as well, but by spreading my training over the last few years the only debt I have is for the type Rating which will be paid of fairly quickly.

Its been a hard road but I'd definitely recommend it!