PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2015, 21:53
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Kosice can work for Wizz from BRS then perhaps the airline might look at further routes.

What the reaction of Ryanair would be if Wizz competed directly with them remains to be seen. Apart from sun routes (ALC, AGP, PMI, IBZ, TFS, ACE and FAO) Ryanair and easyJet have avoided each other's routes from BRS.

easyJet tried Budapest daily in 2005 but reduced it the following year before pulling out. Ryanair took it on in 2007 initially at 4 x weekly, before reducing to 2 x weekly and then dropping it from 2010 until 2012. Ryanair restarted at 2 x weekly but it has been 3 x weekly for the past couple of years winter and summer.

All this might raise a question mark over further increases in frequency although the market seems to be there but perhaps 3 x weekly is about right. The last three months have seen monthly load factors of 97%, 98% and 98% on BRS-BUD, but so too have all the other Ryanair former Eastern Bloc routes been in similar loads territory which doesn't necessarily mean that Ryanair is content. They dropped Katowice (picked up by Wizz) despite high load factors.

Riga was operated by Ryanair from 2007 until early 2012 which seems a long time to decide it isn't working (or of course it may have been bigger fish to fry somewhere else). As with forecasting football results I'm hopeless at predicting new routes but Riga might have a chance I suppose.

BRS seems to do well with capital cities, mainly but not exclusively through easyJet and Ryanair - I've lost count how many: around 15? So perhaps Bucharest and Belgrade might be in with a shout if Wizz decides to expand further.