PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 will be visiting the UAE on a recruitment drive.
Old 27th Aug 2015, 16:11
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sheikh Your Bootie
Seem like a nice bunch Habibi, but you have to want to live ooop north and fly in general old aircraft on bucket and spade European routes.

i've been there done that. The pay is a major put off, Easy and Ryanair pay way better. Each to there own, may suit some. Plus the rosters are pants, maxed out in the summer, quite winters with lost of standbys.

SyB
That's the deal...

Except the Ryanair info you were given is duff - you have to pay for your rating, AND to earn more with Ryanair you have to be a contractor on hourly rates... great if you're a kid FO who is happy to get moved around from base to base at their will. However if you want a Captain's family life on a proper contract with your base written in stone you won't earn more I'm afraid... and without a rating you won't get your base of choice anyway.

easyJet is the most secure job in Europe (providing you're not at a small base at risk of closure)... Again you have to pay for your rating (even if you're EK 330 rated) and you have to accept LGW as your UK base frozen for 5 years before you join a transfer list. Will suit anyone who has a home nearby to the airport and doesn't want to move.

Jet2 is a compromise between the two... If you want a Northern base it's perfect. You work as hard as EZY and RYR in the summer then as stated you don't do much in the winter. You don't pay for the rating - instead being bonded for 3 years. 50% pay during the first 2 months or so in training.

Friendly atmosphere though and home every night, at least on the 737 fleet.

You don't leave EK for the money, just for the lifestyle. Never thought I'd hear that said!