PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2015, 15:48
PX927

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at the Shoreham Airshow on Saturday and I hope all the loved ones / family members / friends of the victims can come to terms with this tragic event as quickly and as painlessly as possible. I also hope that Andy Hill can make a full recovery. I expect neither will be easy.

As a non-flyer and outsider, I have appreciated contributors' views on the events of the day, but at this point, I wonder if for future threads on accidents that their might be a new approach, which is: you are allowed one post to the thread and no further contributions. This means that you will have to enter a considered, precise and clear statement which doesn't then generate a series of qualifications, expansions, retractions and denials as other people respond to your post. In doing so, you should of course only offer your view and not comment on others that have gone before. Only when some official findings have been published does the thread (or its successor) revert to type.

Yes I know it's a "discussion" forum, but I can't help thinking of Monty Python and the Argument sketch at various points in this thread.

I shall now revert to where I started before I broke my own self-imposed rule: better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Or am I supposed to say, hat,