PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2015, 13:58
deedave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some more relevant information appearing online-

Reading through a thread on another Facebook site we came across this very illuminating insight from a former TDC Cabinet member, David Green. When asked why he had felt personally convinced that RiverOak were not suitable indemnity partners, he had this to say:
"When I asked Riveroak face to face, whether 1. They would ever disclose the source of their funding, they said no. 2. Whether they would allow TDC to stop any CPO bid at any time during the process without penalty, they said no. 3. Whether they would accept an "airport uses only" covenant they said no. Further, I dont consider what I know of the Riveroak business case strong enough to convince an objective judge that economic, environmental and social benefit to Thanet would result from granting a CPO."
So from the horses' mouth, via David Green, we know that RO won't disclose their funding, would be prepared to leave TDC financially exposed and do, potentially, have plans for that site other than aviation. Ahem, as we've said all along.

(From Manston Pickle)