PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2015, 12:46
Mr Oleo Strut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We went regularly to Greenham Common, Fairford, Farnborough, Duxford, Cosford, Lakenheath, Old Warden and many, many more. Wonderful airshows held over many years. They were huge, with vast numbers of people, traffic chaos, but hours and hours of pleasure seeing all manner if aircraft in the air and on the ground. Luckily we never saw a crash, ever.

Yes, there will always be danger and there must be controls to protect the public, but Shoreham resulted in an additional level of horror due to the death and injury of people not directly involved in or with the airshow, and the graphic pictures which were taken, but it would be a tragedy if the pleasures of air shows are to be denied to the general public. I hope that the AAIB will be able to produce its report as soon as possible. In the meantime I don't go to airshows any more, but not because of fear. I dislike the traffic chaos getting to and from, the enormous crowds, seeing the same old aircraft in diminishing numbers, and the feeling that it was all much more pleasurable in the old days.