PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2015, 10:18
slfie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seafurysmith:
...At NO point did the Hunter fly at the crowd or over it, this is simply wrong! I was there and it flew straight down the display axis and then straight up into a vertical climb and then rolled 90 degrees into a quarter clover to the north of the airfield. This in complete accordance with his published display routine. It did not run in from the North as the BBC are still showing on their graphics, ran in from the sea down the display line and well away from the crowd!
While I agree there is no question of it flying towards the crowds, with respect it did in fact run in from the north (as clearly shown in the Dan Tube video). I am extremely familiar with the area and topography (from mountain biking over it for the last 15 years) and put up a Google street view link (post 275) which is a well known viewing spot on Mill Hill and likely where the video was taken from (also where the media are getting their long shots from). The main issue with the graphic is it appears to shows the manoeuvre displaced to the north somewhat (likely it was only intended as a rough guide anyway).

There are enough landmarks visible in the DT video that I imagine the AAIB experts will have little difficulty determining all the relevant parameters from it (esp. in combination with the other footage).