PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2015, 08:04
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Horatio, I guess you'll be the last man standing, GA is doomed.
The general aviation side of the industry cannot continue to function under the burden of the new regulations, and certainly cant under what's coming.

I'm sorry, but the Australian Taxpayer paid a quarter of a BILLION dollars for alleged regulatory reform, allegedly because of the Plethora of exemptions, concessions and dispensations that had to be issued under the old system.

The bloody ink is not even dry on the "NEW" regulations and we are back issuing exemptions, concessions and dispensations against them.
Hey don't forget we have to PAY for each of these, at $190 bucks an hour??? do lawyers charge that much?? There are a lot of people in GA who would be happy with that in a day.

As someone so eloquently said, the taxpayers have been defrauded.

I have no doubt that there are one or two intelligent people within CAsA who realize, as it stands, general aviation is unsustainable under the existing rules, let alone what is in the pipeline.

Therefore I have great sympathy for those who believe there is a deliberate and malicious conspiracy within CAsA to destroy General Aviation.

As the industry declines and more and more of its key support businesses cry enough and leave the field so the costs rise as the law of diminished returns applies. Monopolies unfortunately are not conducive to efficiencies.

Horatio should know a customer base is like a Pyramid, the base consists of those who will always seek the cheapest price. Put your cost up ten percent and you'll lose twenty five percent of your customers. Unfortunately as your pyramid gets lower and lower, so your ability to sustain your business declines.

There are limits to what people will pay.

Horatio might be the last man standing buried in exemptions, concessions and dispensations but I doubt he'll have many customers.

Yet the answer is tantalizingly so easy, close and almost free. ADOPT NZ Rules like a vast majority of our neighbors have.
Want to see the results?? visit New Zealand.

Last edited by thorn bird; 27th Aug 2015 at 08:42.