View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2015, 01:47
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Sunfish

Hi Sunfish

The sequence of events was this:

1/. Part 61 was released for comment without the copilot/single pilot crap;
2/. Part 61 was made with a whole heap of stuff (including the copilot/single-pilot stuff)
3/. I approached my local office and had a sympathetic hearing; was told it might change and was an "unintended consequence"
4/. Nothing happened
5/. More of nothing happened. Hired new pilots who refused to log co-pilot time as it was in contravention of Part 61.
6/. Local office told me there was "no appetite for change" on the co-pilot issue;
7/. Lobbied local members both lower house and Senate
8/. Had meeting with Skidmore arranged by local-based Senator (no I am not a member of his Party);
9/. Skidmore listened to the problem. I was backed up by the local team leader in my concerns. Skidmore stated that, in his opinion, the outcome was not a good one and my point had merit.
10/. unknown other charter operators in the same market segment advised CASA and their local members of the same problem.

This path is well-worn and I have been down this track before with the Skull and others. The difference is:

11/. Skidmore listened and did something about it.

This is not an exemption for me only; it was not requested by me only; it does not benefit me only. It fixes a problem.

Can you tell me that this development is not a good thing?