Thread: Silk Air MI 185
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2003, 07:34
wsherif1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silk Air MI 185

56P

You said,

"If you check the posts (and I suggest that you do), you'll see that I never made any of the statements that you quote."

I copied and pasted the statements directly from your message.!

"If I recall correctly, the Northwest accident that you quote near Miami in 1963 was caused by the aircraft (B720?) penetrating extreme weather.!

A 720B is an 8 foot shorter B707. The aircraft was pitched up in a strong updraft encounter. The pilot trimmed full nose down stabilizer, along with an abrupt forward pitch control input and pitched the aircraft over into a vertical dive. The aircraft came apart in the air. (Both Vertical Gyro's nose down stops, showed severe impact damage.)

"No such weather was anywhere near MI 185. 9V-TRF was not destroyed by any accident. It was lost due to an intentional and pilot induced manoeuvre."

Radar does not see aircraft wake turbulance.. You are right, the aircraft was lost due to pilot induced manoeuvres. These manoeuvres, however, were triggered by erroneous flight instrument indications, which induced inadvertent flight control inputs by the pilot.

NTSB statement in January 21, 1998 letter.

"Pilot reaction to turbulence is more of a problem than the jolt of turbulence itself." See EgyptAir 990, United 585 at Colorado Springs, COPA Airlines B737 over Tucuti, Panama etc., etc.

Last edited by wsherif1; 27th Jun 2003 at 07:59.