PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 17:45
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again you have selected the bit you feel you can answer. Yes, I do think the restrictions and the finicky handling are safety issues, but the crux is this bit, which I quoted to you and which you have ignored:

Instead, the MD-11 was beset by a series of problems, including particularly sensitive controls at low and high altitudes; a tendency for pilots to smack the plane's tail on the runway during takeoffs; and persistent landing accidents.

If you don't think those are safety issues, then I suspect you really get safety.
1. You equate a tendency for pilots to smack the plane's tail on the runway during takeoffs; and persistent landing accidents. with "significant flight restrictions imposed on the crews" and "very poor safety record" and "woefully unsafe". I do not.

2. I never remotely suggested these were not "safety issues" and indeed I already stated these were "safety concerns" being evaluated by both the FAA and Boeing. But I do NOT believe these concerns have resulted in "significant flight restrictions imposed on the crews", nor resulted in a "very poor safety record" nor indicate an aircraft that is "woefully unsafe". You clearly disagree. You are welcome to do that. I'd just prefer you not misrepresent what I said when you disagree.