PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 13:31
Above The Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since starting the thread I have avoided inputs of a speculative nature to a possible cause for this tragic event and I really don't want to now, other than put some thoughts out there for others with more experience working on and flying the Hunter.

For the engineers out there if I say "Gundip" system and this particular airframes form 700 would you understand where I am coming from and what system was affected, the required "mod" residual wiring, due to spurious inputs into a particular system.

When WV372 was in HMS she was converted to a T7 then had periods of long term storage before coming in to civilian operation, did the complete "mod" get done before leaving HMS.

Now a video showing what seems to be an extended take-off run from North Weald departing for Shoreham, and that is all it shows, but refer to the "mod" again.

Discussions and statements of possibility not making the entry altitude/height for manoeuvre recovery and the unusual shape of the manoeuvre during both vertical phases, but refer to the "mod" again.

Also bear in mind the picture I posted and what I said earlier in post 38 and taking the above points into the equation.

No speculation just comments to provoke a thought process for those who understand the aircraft in depth.

Last edited by Above The Clouds; 28th Aug 2015 at 05:26.