PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 26th Aug 2015, 09:57
biglanchow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIVOSH

You have had made some valid points. We have had some differences in the past but let's call a truce saying 49% of your stuff is crap and but so is mine : ) ?

Your arguements, often valid, however are let down when in every 5th line in your last post, you slag off the Sunnies mob.

The EBA that was signed off a month ago at Sunnies and a very similar deal agreed to by Easterns is/was not a "**** deal" per say. Unfortunately, it is not as a good a deal for those living in particularly Sydney and Melbourne.

But it is not the fault of Sunnies people that it costs 600K for a 3 bedroom fibro house in Western Sydney an hr's drive from the Airport.

It is also not the fault of Qantas that Sydney is such a rip off.

The blame is mostly fair and square with both State and Federal Governments from both sides over the last 20yrs but that is another story/thread.

Sydney Harbour and beaches are beautiful but the rest of the city is a traffic congested $hithole.

Melbourne CBD/Brunswick St is magic and a very romantic place to take the Mrs for a week, but the rest, well . . . .?

Admittedly it is a better deal for those in Mildura etc where a 2 bedroom does not cost half a million.

I grew up in Sydney, pay me 5K a week and I may move back, will probably have to use $200/week of that on petrol stuck in traffic though?

Surely there are plenty of Sydney/Melboune based Jet jobs that come up throughout the years with Jetstar/Virgin etc that would actually pay an FO position enough to actually be able to pay off a house? If you feel the pay is fuct, which it probably is as an FO compared to the cost of living in Sydney, then leave, either Sydney or the job. I love my job but would I be happy to be paid what I am if I had to pay Syd/Melb housing prices - no way.

But it is not the fault of Sunnies Pilots!

Last edited by biglanchow; 26th Aug 2015 at 21:51. Reason: Spelling mistakes etc