PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 EEC functions
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 09:33
baobab72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b777 eec

Thanks for the replies
So is the red line a fixed value or it changes based on what cos being a mechanical value i dont think it is affected by environmental conditions? in the airplane that i fly the red line is computed by the eec amd displayed on the N1 indicator and it shows the overthrust or overboost limit while the max N1 depends on the phase of flight - for instance 96.2 for takeoff and 98.6 for MCT - CF34/3B engines
Meaning that in the 777 if i firewall the thrust levers and the MCT is 97% for instance or whatever value is reported as a limitation in the AFM, if the density altitude is low i could actually overboost the engine if it was not for the overboost protection which with the TLs in the full forward position will limit the thrust to the computed level - let us say 94.5%; on the other hand with a high density altitude if i firewall the thrust levers the overspeed limit will be reached first and the EEC will limit the rotational speed of the compressor to the mechanical limit even though it would result in less than max thrust?
Is that correct?

Many thanks for clarifying that

Baobab

Last edited by baobab72; 26th Aug 2015 at 09:57.