PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 08:44
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Mark Skidmore told the Mildura forum a range of issues need to be considered. “I can think of new technology, changing demographics of people involved in aviation, regional aviation versus city-based operations, ageing aircraft, the growth of remotely piloted aircraft and developing our safety culture just to name a few issues,” he said. “Importantly, we need to think about the future of regional and general aviation, costs and how these sectors will remain viable. CASA doesn’t hold all the knowledge so I need to listen to the aviation community and we need to work together.” Issues raised at the forum included the future of Avgas, the sustainability of general aviation, adapting to new technology, the need for better representation of the flying training sector, alternative means of compliance, costs of regulations and ageing aircraft.
That bastard ... you can tell from how he talks about the sustainable future of GA and how we need to work together that he's out to get us and not going to listen to anything anyone says.

I once met a bloke running a GA outfit who had never been in the RAAF and CASA hadn't come after him. Only one though, all the rest were targeted.