PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2015, 07:06
WXCptFedUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Not so bad

OK Guys, I'm an insider as well and not always happy about the company but we have to be honest, these days all low costs even in Europe have T&C that are far away from the majors. If you look for Majors conditions, go to a major…

Positive of Sun Express (from my own point of view) :
1. Crew are very friendly if you come with a positive mind. I've done three other company already and SXS has been the best one for this.
2. Management not annoying if you stay away from them. At least in Ankara, no management directly here. If you fly stable approach they'll leave you alone. I'm flying Raw data and visual approaches every day if I can, never got any problems.
3. Good salary (Full time) : Basic today is 6700 after taxes. Never got less than 7500. In Summer, average this year 9500 (but see as well negative points below about fatigue)
4. Chief pilot doing is best to accommodate reuest (I didn't get paid to say this really ) In three years here almost, never got refused annual leave or Three days off request. Some days off had been changed to duty and after a quick call was changed back to normal)
5. TL Going down which makes your salary in local currency getting increased by more than 15% in 6 month time ( !! It can go the other way )

Negative :
1. Heavy roster and related fatigue. 950 Hrs per year or Max duty limit ; Reached two years in a row. But you call fatigue and make a safety report about it and you get your days changed. They are not happy but nobody got slammed for doing it.
2. Dead head and other work like CBT, … not counted as duty (supposed to be changed next year)
3. Awful drivers for transportation company (But you have free transportation which is positive)
4. Stability of the region : you will fly as close as 8 nm from Syrian border and you can check the latest news about this area on BBC

In General, if it was to do again, I would go again for a good and free type rating, friendly atmosphere at work and cheap country to live in. I recommended the job for many friends and no one complains as they knew what to expect. Join, do your 2 years contract and bond and get your 1500 Hrs Boeing then go somewhere you expect better conditions. This is a very good transition Company, you will have plenty of good and bad memories (I would say like in every company in the world) or wait to join BA, AF, LH or whatever and you will still meet plenty of people complaining about working conditions.

I think the best would be to fly for fun at 50% somewhere and have your own company doing something completely different and enjoy both of them. that's the plan of many pilots out here