PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The British Air Ambulance
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2015, 21:46
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
As the discussion is air ambos is and their 'dealings', this was in our local free rag recently;

Warwickshire-based Air Ambulance Service lost £111,000 on Bodyguard tickets - BBC News

An air ambulance service has been criticised by the Charity Commission after it lost £111,000 by booking tickets for a London musical premiere.
The Warwickshire-based Air Ambulance Service made the booking in 2012 for the stage version of Whitney Houston film The Bodyguard.
It is also accused of making a £27,000 loan to an employee without informing its board until after the event.
The charity said it was ensuring governance was tightened.
'Loud and soupy'
The commission said it had been called to investigate the service, which serves Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland, Derbyshire and Leicestershire, following complaints about "significant losses".
Ego trips' or fundraising campaigns?
In 2008, Michael Dilks from Kirby Bellars, in Leicestershire, was almost killed in a road accident.
He credits an air ambulance surgeon for saving his life and spent several years raising money for the charity. One event alone raised £11,000, he said.
Mr Dilks said he has become disillusioned with the charity's commercial interests and, although he continues to make a monthly donation, he no longer raises money for them.
"When I raised £11,000, I was very curious as to how much of that went into keeping the air ambulances flying," he said.
"A lot of things done in the name of so-called charity are, in my view, ego trips.

"The crews are amazing and deserve better."