PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 25th Aug 2015, 20:58
twentyyearstoolate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TK1: "He is Turkish right!" Well, he has Turkish Parents yes. But raised in Australia and when he came to Turkey he couldn't speak Turkish, so of course his English is excellent as it's his native language. You use this as an example of the Turkish Pilots. I'm sorry to say but he is not representative of the general English level.

I do agree with you that the younger Turkish Pilots (Not Military!!) have a good understanding of English. Hopefully that continues.

You do need to broaden your horizons and maybe look at other parts of the world, as your arguments come across as a pissed of Turk with an attitude.

BTW, your University is pretty low compared to world standards, and that is, as you say, one of your top universities. Don't get me wrong, this is not a dig at the Turkish individual. I have flown with many young FO's who are very intelligent and switched on, and would run rings around me in terms of their intelligence. However, I'm more talking about the Turkish "System" of education. That is just not on par with the "top universities". In general, someone from Europe who has finished High School would have a far higher education standard. Not the individuals fault, but the system they have been subjected to.

Unfortunately your country's leadership is not concerned with your well being or education.

At the end of the day, we are looking from an International perspective which is where we have to pay our Bills, as was previously posted. We don't live in Turkey, and do not work in Jobs that pay 2000 Lira. I earn less now than I did 15 years ago, and don't appreciate being told by a local how lucky I am!

You are right in the way that "If we don't like it we can leave". Problem is, it's not so simple. Remember THY constantly change the goal posts, as it suits them, so what we signed for is not necessarily what we have now. Maybe you're used to this in Turkey, but where I come from, a contract is a contract, and doesn't change on a constant basis.

Is it any wonder your Union is a wet rag? How the hell are they supposed to achieve anything when you're so happy that you earn more than a teacher in Turkey!! Time to go and buy that Mercedes C180!