PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 25th Aug 2015, 08:23
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little mouse told me the reason why THY doesnt increase Captain's pay is because they simply can not.
The Union of pilots and cabin crews are tied which means an increase in pilots pay would automatically warrant an increase in cabin crews and those they have plenty.
Some airlines provide currency protection for the few, but i bet those dont have unions.

Concerning the Lira fall,it is in pair with the recent political,geographical growing issues in turkey but also due to the recent markets correction seen around the world...yes PORK in our beloved Europe as well.
Even your ryan shares fell by 10 percent in a few days,but dont worry corrections dont last long and trend normally goes back up in its own time,so you can play golf in peace.
The well informed mouse also told me that many pilots have left and I dont doubt that many more will follow in 4-5 months as the interview process and 3 months notices delay the actual facts.

The salary package still wont be improved as the Government and therefore THY believe their currency will improve...just wait for the yanks economy to bubble and burst yet again ,the feds will devalue the USD and cash will go back to Turkey to enjoy 9-10% deposit rates.
Without ups and downs ,markets wouldnt make any money now would they?

Last edited by de facto; 25th Aug 2015 at 10:00.