PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 25th Aug 2015, 06:27
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TK 1 I think you are showing your self the limited understanding of the rest of world you have in Turkey.
Turkey has been trying ( or pretending to be willing ) to access the EU for 40 years and you can just blame your Government if you still are out of it and cannot work there. Beside Turkish license are not really well seen in many other part of the world. Why? Well look at the English levels... all 6 in Turkey but not many can really have a real conversation. Its your "style" the real problem dude.
You are mentioning LH BA AF and you say you cannot work there? Well they don't need you and don't need me regardless of nationality. And beside none of them as a requirement for a university degree (which is by the way plainly stupid as it drains resources from other sectors of economy to put them in a job that requires other skills often not present in "scholars"). Its just a way for the airforce mafia to limit access to the profession of civilians and the same time make themselves " important". Looking at the accident statistics it would seem THY should look for people with the right skills and attitude not for engineers driven to aviation way too many times just by money as yourself admit.
But Turkish do desperately needs foreigners as many other airline in the world do. But unlike these other airlines THY refuses to provide them with a fair deal.A currency protection or payment in real money is the international standard along with a transparent and fair approach on career progression. Your problems all comes from your blurring "hyper nationalistic" view, inherent frustrations and the fact that Turks often think they are smarter than they actually are and this, trust me will bring more pain to Turkey and might seal the fate of THY. As you say nobody forced us to work for THY.In fact I and hundreds of other professional aviators, stunned by the THY approach, left already. Many followed and much more will if you don't stop acting like they are your slaves because trust me ..you got it completely wrong and are just making fools of yourselves. Expat are not really interested in the sociopolitical dynamics of your country. Even if I think is evident to many what is going they don't want to get involved. They want to do their job, get an amount of money consistent with it and have time to go home see their families that they still have to maintain in their currencies USD or EUR. Expat don't give a damn that you are happy with your now 3900 Euro per month FO salary because they can make 8000 in a real airline in the Gulf or 5000 back home flying for a low cost carrier for example. The advantages of Istanbul over the Gulf were the climate, the European and democratic feel, its vicinity to Europe and the salaries that were not bad at all when I left with the lira at 2 or something against the EURO. Now that it is more and more clear that the European feel is vastly a mockery money is risible, rosters are not survivable and going home for the vast majority is almost impossible,,, you are left with the climate ( that in winter sucks by the way) ...not enough...sorry and many will be departing by year end. The chauvinist will be satisfied..worry not.

Last edited by porkflyer; 25th Aug 2015 at 11:04.