PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to apply for emirates airlines
Old 25th Aug 2015, 06:10
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Littlejet,

Wow...we ARE sensitive aren't we?

Would you feel smart or stupid if you resigned your job to come here only to be told that "whoops, we made an error and actually don't want you now" then be faced with not being able to get your old job back? OK, for you I'll call it a smart decision then...yep...REAL SMART!

You have the rose colored glasses firmly in place it seems.

So tell me, do you actually work here or you on the outside hoping to get in to fly those big jets 120 hours per month (its coming) and have your way with 20K+ cabin crew? Don't worry about longevity or spending the money you made because your health won't last to 60 here.

So, to quote you, "say" eventually one or more of those 20K+ cabin crew will present you (or your wife) with a baby or the video of making same to be presented to wife or the police, then the money is irrelevant because either the wife or your "special friend" gets it all or you find yourself married to a girl (and her family) from a country you can't pronounce. Don't think it doesn't happen, I know 2 personally.

When I came here years ago, I was called "crazy" for leaving the job I had. At the time I was a little insulted by the statement but still thought I had made a good choice. Then about 4 years in I realized the many things I never thought about and what I truly gave up at home. I have a wife and kids so my decision affected them as well although there are some pro's here for kids, there are a lot of con's as well. Lastly, if you actually think having left seat EK, EY etc. on your CV means that you can saunter into any job then think again. If anything it actually works against you in some cases especially the 380.

Today I call myself stupid for the decision I made then. I only wish I had considered more of what was written here and listened to those who were actually in "the know".

Life is not all about 20K+ cabin crew and jets.